I’m Roman Feldbauer. I am a PhD student and researcher in bioinformatics and machine learning. My main research interests are protein sequence analysis, high-dimensional data mining, machine learning, deep learning, and some neuroscience.
I hold a B.Sc. in Biology (major Microbiology and Genetics) and an M.Sc. in Computational Science. Currently, I’m doing a PhD at the University of Vienna.
My current research is funded by the FWF under a project jointly granted to my supervisors Prof. Thomas Rattei at CUBE, and Dr. Arthur Flexer at OFAI.
Please visit my Google Scholar profile for a list of my publications. Alternatively, you may check out my ORCID or Mendeley profiles. Free open source software projects are hosted at GitHub.
Awards and achievements
- University of Vienna: Performance scholarship (4 times between 2011-2016)
- University of Vienna: Participation in “NaturTalente” high potential program (2014)
- Springer: BestMaster program (2015)
- Austrian Neuroscience Association (ANA), since 2013
- Austrian Bioinformatics Platform (ATBI), since 2018
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), since 2018